|Join Flowbaze.ng / Login
/ Advertise / Privacy / Recent / Terms and Conditions / News|
Stats: 1 members, 6577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 26th October 2021
|Celebrities who made headlines for good, bad reasons by flowbaze: 4:16 am On May 8, 2021|
Though still early in the year, some notable celebrities have started making the headlines. While some are making the headlines for the right reasons, others are in the news for the wrong reasons. Here is a review of the good and bad off screen moments of some Nollywood celebrities
Although the busy actor said in a post on Instagram that he had planned to have his wedding ceremony on his birthday, he revealed in the same post that his wife Bunmi wanted “their pictures around the house” to celebrate his 41st birthday and nothing more. His terse Instagram post read thus: “Thank God for the gift of life. Hoped to have our wedding ceremony today on my 41st birthday! But then she (Bunmi) reminded me that God had wedded us through the storm, over the years and glorified us. That, just the wedding portraits are overdue, and seeing them on our walls all around our home is all that will gladden her heart.”
Now happier together as man and wife, the actor and his wife had separated for two years after about 17 years together. Their marriage is blessed with two children Aliyah and Morakinyo.
Olanrewaju Omiyinka Aka Baba Ijesha
It first started as mere rumour that the actor was caught trying to rape a minor. Hours later, a CCTV footage, which the comedienne reportedly “arranged” went viral. The footage showed the 48-year actor and the teenager engaged in acts that suggested molestation.
Before then, a video of the actor begging to be forgiven surfaced. That was all sympathisers needed to call out the actor, who has been in police detention since the matter was formally reported. Sympathisers have continued to troll the actor on social media platforms. They have rained all sorts of unprintable names on him and they have also called on relevant authorities particularly law enforcement agents to intervene. Intervention has come from the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP), advising that criminal charges be brought against Baba Ijesha.
A statement signed by the Attorney-General of Lagos State Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN) on Tuesday said a prima-facie case had been established against the actor who has so far been stripped of some endorsement deals with blue chip companies. The DPP had maintained in a press statement that after due consideration of the facts in the case file, it had issued legal advice on the 4th of May, 2021, to the effect that a prima-facie case has been disclosed against Mr. Olanrewaju James, and recommended he be charged under the following provisions of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015:
The Attorney-general maintained in the press statement that the ministry of justice would not relent in efforts to ensure sexual abuse of any resident of Lagos would be punished.
“It is instructive to note that the Lagos State Ministry of Justice has been consistent in its efforts in protecting the vulnerable in our society.
“Since the establishment of the Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team in 2014, it has till date prosecuted over 800 cases of sexual and domestic offenses. Lagosians and indeed Nigerians are assured that in accordance with the DPP’s advice, charges would be filed accordingly.”
Richard Mofe Damijo
The committee was constituted and inaugurated by the Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwoolu on Wednesday to fund youth creativity and entertainment activities in the State, following the disruption caused by the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that impacted negatively on entertainment and tourism in the State.
RMD as the actor is popularly called is to head the nine-member committee comprising five industry practitioners and four Government officials. They are selected to drive the Governor’s vision to actively support youth creativity and entrepreneurship in the sector. The committee’s inauguration came months after the Governor set-aside N1 billion seed capital to unlock the potential in hospitality and tourism businesses.
The scheme is to support the creative ideas of movie and entertainment producers who are constrained by funds to bring their concepts into reality. Applicants are to be supported with funding based on the financial plans of their projects. The grant may be as much as N40 million for each beneficiary.
Other industry veterans in the committee include Ace cinematographer Tunde Kelani, Mo Abudu, Kunle Afolayan and President of the Association of Movie Producers (AMP) Peace Anyiam-Osigwe.
Manchester United Are Still Weighing There Options Whether To Sack Solskjær Or Not / He’s Willing To Break A Personal Rule, A Decision On Ronaldo Has Been Made But It Will Cost Manchester United / Borussia Dortmund Could Be Without Erling Haaland Until 2022 / Antonio Conte Will Change His Mind Amid Manchester United Job / Rumours: Rangers To Strike Deal With Nigeria For Balogun & Aribo Ahead Of Afcon /
|Sections: 9Jaflavour Sports (2479) Guardian News (1331) Sunnewsonline (2750) Wrestlingheadlines (924)|