ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Engineer – Medium / Low Voltage Commissioning
- You will be working as a Service Engineer and will be the part of Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based in, Lagos, Nigeria.
- In this role you will be reporting to Service Sales Manager and will be ensure the Service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and safety guidelines to satisfy customers.
- Execute technical support and act as specialist in own area of expertise. In collaboration with the customer and ABB units / sales teams ensures customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth.
- Provide technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any Service category. Focus on one ABB Approach in delivering Service.
- Investigate customer needs through professional consulting. Provide technical consulting and specialist assistance on Service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solution.
- Determine effective Service applications, equipment, and methods to develop, market or manufacture new Service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Coordinate and perform specialist Service projects in relevant areas internally and externally including all commercials. Prepare all required technical documents and reports for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative.
- Report work done in a timely manner and share relevant technical supporting documents to the service execution teams and follows up when needed.
- Participate in maintenance meetings and improvement activities to proactively provide suggestions for product and quality improvement and shares with ABB organization.
- Provide technical specialist support and coordination for the Service team. Plan activities, coordinate the work of internal and external technicians and assign them specific tasks related to Service needs. Supervise project teams and contractors at work site and monitors performance.
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Report unsafe practices and incidents.
- Should have qualification in Bachelor’s / Higher National Diploma – Electrical Engineering (Power Systems).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commissioning or field service technician.
- Should be in possession of driving license & passport.
- IS Skills and HSE site experience knowledge will be added advantage.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English language is a must.
- Must be able to perform primary and secondary injection on protection relays, simulate trip test with different setpoints and time settings and carry out contact resistance, vacuum integrity, H.V. test on circuit breakers and medium voltage Switchgears.
- Ability to operate Omicron test set utilizing the test universe application software.
- Overall knowledge of relay retrofit, relay Engineering, drawing modifications and Markups.
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply