ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Technician – Medium / Low Voltage Commissioning
- You will be working as a Service Technician and will be the part of Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based in, Lagos, Nigeria.
- In this role you will be reporting to Service Sales Manager and will be execute Service work according to agreed work flows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines.
- Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
- Perform Service tasks, identify technical problems, and make analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.).
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Create and maintain a good relationship with customers and understand their needs. Identify new sales opportunities and communicate them internally.
- Coordinate, prepare and ensure that all materials, parts, and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities.
- Prepare all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Report work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Proactively identify potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoot equipment failure and make recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Identify suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicate them further in the ABB organization. Provide recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Report unsafe practices and incidents.
- Should have qualification in Ordinary National Diploma or Higher National Diploma – Electrical Engineering (Power Systems).
- Overall knowledge of relay retrofit, relay Engineering, drawing modifications and Markups.
- Should be in possession of driving license & passport.
- IS Skills and HSE site experience knowledge will be added advantage.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English language is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commissioning or field service technician.
- Must be able to perform primary and secondary injection on protection relays, simulate trip test with different setpoints and time settings and carry out contact resistance, vacuum integrity, H.V. test on circuit breakers and medium voltage Switchgears.
- Ability to operate Omicron test set utilizing the test universe application software.
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply