Ronaldo rubbishes ‘disrespectful’ reports of Madrid move

Site Login

Lost your password? (close)

Flowbaze.ng

Welcome, Guest: Join Flowbaze.ng / / Advertise / Privacy / Recent / Terms and Conditions / News
Stats: 1 members, 15987 topics. Date: Thursday, 9th December 2021

 

Ronaldo rubbishes ‘disrespectful’ reports of Madrid move

Flowbaze.ng Forum / Ronaldo rubbishes ‘disrespectful’ reports of Madrid move / Category / 9Jaflavour Sports / Ronaldo rubbishes ‘disrespectful’ reports of Madrid move (0 Views)

(0) (Reply)

Ronaldo rubbishes ‘disrespectful’ reports of Madrid move by : 8:34 pm On August 17, 2021

Juventus’ Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during the friendly football match Juventus vs Atalanta at the Allianz Stadium in Turin on August 14, 2021. (Photo by MARCO BERTORELLO / AFP)

Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday blasted reports that he was trying for a return to Real Madrid, hours after coach Carlo Ancelotti also said he was not going to take the Juventus forward back to Spain.

In an Instagram post, Ronaldo said that his “story at Real Madrid has been written”, although he did not explicitly say that he was not looking for a way out of Juve.

He said that such talk was “disrespectful” to both him and “to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff”.

“There have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth,” Ronaldo added.

Juventus’ Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo jogs during the warm up before the start of the friendly football match between Juventus and Atalanta at the Allianz Stadium in Turin, northern Italy on August 14, 2021. (Photo by MARCO BERTORELLO / AFP)

“I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face.”

Ronaldo has been the subject of a series of rumours about his future this summer. On Tuesday Italian daily Corriere dello Sport said that his agent Jorge Mendes had offered the 36-year-old to Manchester City.

Other outlets said that Paris Saint-Germain was interested but stepped back once they pulled off the signing of the close season, bringing free agent Lionel Messi to the French capital.

Earlier on Tuesday, Ancelotti said that Real Madrid was not interested in the return of the man who fired the club to four Champions League triumphs.

“Cristiano is a Real Madrid legend and he has all my love and respect. I have never considered signing him. We look forward,” Ancelotti said on Twitter.

Since moving to Juve in 2018, Ronaldo has won two Serie A titles and one Italian Cup but has not brought the European glory the Italian club craves.



Reply


(0) (Reply)

Werner Breaks Terry’s UCL Goal Record As Chelsea Hold Zenit, Lose Top Spot To Juve / UCL: Bayern Send Barca To Europa League After Dominant Win / Rennes Decided To Postpone Europa Conference League Clash With Tottenham / Marcelo Will Join Fluminense Next Season / Super Eagles To Face 7-Time Champions In First AFCON Group Match /  

Sections: 9Jaflavour Sports (3216) Guardian News (4346) Sunnewsonline (6587) Wrestlingheadlines (2745)

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Flowbaze.ng - Copyright © 2016 - Pedro Great. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise.
Disclaimer: Every member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on this Forum.